At least six past and current Rubio Senate aides, including chief of staff Cesar Conda and his deputy, Terry Sullivan, worked for Romney’s 2008 presidential bid, establishing a direct link and a line of communication between the front-runner for the 2012 GOP nomination and the front-runner in the Republican veepstakes. There’s also a trail of fundraisers, donors and consultants who have overlapping relationships with Rubio and Romney.
- Cesar Conda (Title: chief of staff): A former senior economic policy adviser for Romney’s 2008 campaign,
- Terry Sullivan (Title: deputy chief of staff): A Former A GOP strategist, Sullivan led the Romney ’08 campaign in South Carolina
- Sally Canfield (Title: chief policy adviser and legislative director): A former policy director to Romney ’08
- Joe Pounder (Title: deputy communications director and research director, Republican National Committee): Formerly headed the rapid response media operation for Romney ’08.
- Alex Burgos (Title: communications director): A Former specialty media director for Romney ’08
- Val Mack (Title: research director): Previously worked in Romney’s communications war room during the ’08 campaign.
“As things develop, it could be helpful to both,” said one GOP operative with ties to both camps. “Obviously, if people close to the Romney camp are in the Rubio camp, they can push for Rubio to endorse, and Romney would benefit greatly. Conversely, they can also push Team Mitt to consider Marco for vice president].”The full story is HERE.
Please check us out on Facebook and If you like what you see, please "Like" us. You can find us here.