Thursday, June 20, 2024

Migrant Accused of Sexually Assaulting 13-Year-Old Girl in NYC Park was Ordered Removed by an Immigration Judge Two Years Ago; Illegal Immigrant Charged in Broad Daylight Rape of Teen Girl in New York City

Migrant accused of sexually assaulting 13-year-old girl in NYC park was ordered removed by an immigration judge two years ago:
The Ecuadorian migrant arrested Tuesday in the sexual assault of a 13-year-old girl in a Queens park had been ordered to leave the US back in 2022, The Post has learned.
An immigration judge in New York City ordered Christian Geovanny Inga-Landi, 25, to leave the country on Feb. 2, 2022, according to Department of Homeland Security (DHS) sources.
Inga-Landi — who is set to be charged with rape for the horrific June 13 assault in Kissena Park — likely applied for some form of relief or appealed the removal ruling to remain in the US, the sources said.
He crossed the besieged US-Mexico border on June 25, 2021, with his son into Eagle Pass, Texas, where he was captured, processed and released by Border Patrol agents, according to the sources.
Inga-Landi told officials he was going to live in an apartment in Flushing, New York.
He and his then-3-year-old son were released to a local nonprofit organization with a document providing a future court date known as a Notice to Appear document.
The family was deemed “inadmissible” by border agents because they lacked proper documentation to be in the US, but were released with the notice to appear in immigration court for “humanitarian” reasons.
Most migrants who cross the border illegally are deemed inadmissible, but are still released, sources said.
“People are getting released with NTAs because Border Patrol cannot hold detainees longer than 72 hours,” a source explained. --->READ MORE HERE
AP Photo/Mary Altaffer, File
Illegal immigrant charged in broad daylight rape of teen girl in New York City:
An Ecuadorian migrant accused of tying up and raping a 13-year-old girl at a New York City park was arrested Tuesday after police said vigilant citizens tackled and held the suspect until officers arrived.
NYPD Chief of Detectives Joseph Kenny said Christian Geovanny Inga-Landi, 25, was taken into custody early Tuesday in Queens following the suspect’s run-in with a group of angry residents near the intersection of 108th Street and Waldron Street.
Chief Kenny credited cooperation from the victims, a precise sketch of the suspect, and later, surveillance images of Mr. Inga-Landi for making locals aware of whom police were trying to track down.
“Everybody knew who we were looking for. We had tips coming in actually naming the perpetrator, so they knew who he was,” Chief Kenny said. “When they saw him out on the street, they tried to detain him. They called 911, he began to fight back … and he suffered some minor injuries while the community was holding him.”
The chief said he heard about community members tying a belt around Mr. Inga-Landi’s legs to prevent him from running off, but he couldn’t confirm that information at the press conference.
Chief Kenny said the suspect told police during the booking interview that he had a drug problem and that he’d just recently found the knife tied to last week’s broad daylight attack. --->READ MORE HERE
If you like what you see, please "Like" and/or Follow us on FACEBOOK here, GETTR here, and TWITTER here.

No comments: