Saturday, June 18, 2016

8 Islamic Terror Attacks That Could Have Been Prevented Under Obama

The Orlando, Fla., terrorist attack is the 8th on 
U.S. soil since Obama became president. (AP)
With the massacre in Orlando, Fla., Islamic terrorists have now killed 91 and injured more than 370 on U.S. soil since President Obama took office. Yet Obama still refuses to admit that radical Islam is a threat. Could this explain why his administration keeps missing warnings signs that could have prevented these attacks?
It didn’t take long after the attack at a gay bar in Orlando, which claimed 49 lives and injured at least 53 others, for the public to learn that the terrorist, Omar Mateen, had been on a terrorism watch list and was twice interviewed by the FBI.
In fact, FBI director James Comey said on Monday that there were “strong indications of radicalization.” In other words, this attack didn’t come out of the blue. So why wasn’t something done before Sunday?
This has become a deeply troubling pattern during the Obama administration. In fact, in all the past major Islamic terror attacks carried out on U.S. soil, federal officials either ignored or overlooked warning signs that arguably could have prevented the carnage.
San Bernardino, December 2015 (14 killed 22 wounded): Tashfeed Malik passed three background checks by immigration officials before coming to the U.S. from Pakistan on a fiancee visa. That’s despite the fact that she had expressed support for violent jihad on social media.
Her husband, Syed Rizwan Farook, meanwhile, had been radicalized for years, and the FBI later said he had ties to a group of jihadists in California who had been arrested in 2012. His actions before the shooting alarmed his neighbors, who said they didn’t report “suspicious activity” at his home out of fear of being called racist.
Chattanooga, Tenn., July 2015 (5 killed 2 wounded): Kuwaiti-born Mohammad Youssef Abdulazeez had spent seven months in Jordan before shooting up a recruiting center and a Navy Reserve center. A friend told CNN that “something happened over there,” and before the shooting Abdulazeez blogged about wanting to become a martyr, fighting “jihad for the sake of Allah.”
Garland, Texas, May 2015 (2 killed): One of the killers at a “Draw Mohammad” contest, Elton Simpson, was reportedly on a no-fly list for a terror-related offense in 2011. Another had been investigated in 2012 and was suspected of plotting an attack at a Super Bowl game.
Read the rest of this IBD editorial HERE.

If you like what you see, please "Like" us on Facebook either here or here. Please follow us on Twitter here.

No comments: