Hello everyone, I'd like to invite you all into the Lion's Den to express your thoughts in this regular column. I'll be adding some of my own thoughts, ideas, & issues of concern. Please feel free to comment or expand these things, or vent a bit. The Lion's Den is a friendly place, so let your mane down a bit and kick up your paws.
Cubs, lionesses, and old timers are welcome, one and all. No mauling allowed!
I'd like to start this edition of The Lion's Den with some ideas to revitalize the GOP after the stunning defeat last Tuesday. Now is the time to get to work on this, as the memories of defeat are still strong in our minds and clear thinking begins to analyze the situation. There's an old saying that victory has 100 fathers and defeat is an orphan. How true that is!
Here are my ideas on how pick our orphaned GOP up and reinvigorate her. Please feel free to be a "father" to this process by making a comment.
- The GOP needs to get away from being a socially conservative party to more of a fiscally conservative party. Getting into areas such as abortion & contraception are costing votes and loss of women voters. We must adapt to the times to get into step with the voters. Not pander to them, but stop pushing issues that cost precious votes.
- Re-brand the GOP into a fiscally conservative party that promotes economic freedom & growth, sound money, low taxes, and incentives such as school vouchers for education versus hand outs or entitlements. No wampum, condoms, or phones for the voters. Give a hand up, not a hand out.
- The GOP should promote strong national defense, a rebuilding of critical industries in the US that are needed in event of any war or emergency. We should never support public sector involvement in any industry or business. No fascism allowed, please, only free market capitalism.
- The GOP needs: New Leadership, New Young Candidates, New Communications venues for contacting voters, a New Message that's focused & communicated to the party & voters alike. Candidates must be able to articulate that message clearly.
- As part of the New Communications, we need to utilize all Social Medias, blogs, Twitter, You Tube, and traditional medias such as cable TV, broadcast TV & radio. How about starting some new media channels for these venues that are not owned by Marxist/Socialists? Some of the entrenched commentators that are not conveying the New Message, should step aside to allow new commentators a chance to bring that message to the fore. We need clarity in the message, not dancing on the head of a pin political insider gamesmanship.
- Last, but certainly not least, eliminate the consultants (sorry Karl Rove), prune, and cut out the "Deadwood, Insider, Management in, Washington, '!,' Team," aka "DIMWIT."