A significant portion of the South Carolina republican base is set to nominate the incarnation of evil, choosing Newt Gingrich over three other good and decent men.
Paul foresaw and prophesied of this day today. From 2 Timothy 3:1-7 KJT we read an eerily accurate description of Gingrich and his supporters:
1. This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3. Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
4. Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
5. Having a form of godliness; but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
6. For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with diverse lusts,
7. Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
God is the same yesterday, today, and forever. The vengeful and retributive God of the Old Testament is also the merciful and forgiving God of the New Testament. His ways are not mans ways, so it is often confusing to men and women why God would forgive one sinner while destroying another. But vengeance, justice, and mercy are all aspects of the same unchangeable God. Whether Newt Gingrich finds damnation or salvation when he stands before the judgment bar of God is between him and God. But there is no grey area as to whether those who embrace the incarnation of evil, Gingrich, will heap vengeance on their heads from a wrathful God.
From Isaiah 5:20-21, 23-24:
20. Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!
21. Woe unto them that are wise in their own eyes, and prudent in their own sight!
23. Which justify the wicked for reward, and take away the righteousness of the righteous from him!
24. Therefore as the fire devoureth the stubble, and the flame consumeth the chaff, so their root shall be as rottenness, and their blossom shall go up as dust: because they have cast away the law of the Lord of hosts, and despised the word of the Holy One of Israel.
Three candidates are good, honorable men. One is evil as prophesied of by Paul. The choice is stark, as are the consequences of that choice.
I wash my hands of the blood of those who choose the evil.