Here is Mark Halperin's take:
By putting out a detailed plan well before any of his opponents, Romney has his best chance to move the conversation from the past to the future.Read Halperin's full comments HERE.
The speech is designed to explain how, as president, he would repeal President Barack Obama's national health care overhaul that is similar to an effort Romney helped implement in Massachusetts.
Aides say Romney will outline a health overhaul that would give states the responsibility to take care of the poor, uninsured and ill. He is also going to offer a plan that would give patients a tax deduction if they buy their own health insurance.Read more HERE.
UPDATE: Romney's PAC sends over the outline:
Mitt Romney's 2012 Principles for Healthcare Reform:
- Restore to the states the responsibility and resources to care for their poor, uninsured, and chronically ill.
- Give a tax deduction to those who buy their own health insurance, just like those who buy it through their employers.
- Streamline the federal regulation of healthcare.
- Reduce the influence of lawsuits on medical practice and costs.
- Make healthcare more like a consumer market and less like a government program.
Please check us out on Facebook and If you like what you see, please "Like" us. You can find us here.