For those keeping score at home, here’s a recap of where the Washington healthcare debacle currently stands:
1. Obama and the Democrats inflict a massively overcomplicated system of healthcare regulations that raised insurance premiums on Americans, decreased insurance options, dictated doctors and coverage, and largely just sucked.
2. Republicans saddled up the Obamacare nightmare and rode it to the electoral bank in 2010, 2012, 2014, and 2016, promising that once they had full control, they would repeal the beast.
3. When given full control, the Republicans authored an absurd Obamacare-lite compromise bill that didn’t repeal the beast, but attempted to manicure it. It failed spectacularly.
4. Republican Congressional leadership is now in disarray.
5. President Trump is reverting to his Democrat roots threatening to cut a deal with liberals on healthcare.
6. The most plausible scenario at this point is for the issue to be abandoned and left in its current, unsustainable state.
Democrats will claim victory, Republicans will blame each other, Trump will triangulate to make it seem as though he got from this exactly what he wanted all along or that this is all part of his infinitely genius grand master scheme that no one can fully understand yet.
And Americans get screwed. In other words, typical Washington.
There is a better way, however. And it is being pushed by the very guy who stated repeatedly throughout the primaries that he actually had a plan for ending the Obamacare nightmare: Ted Cruz. --->Read the rest from Peter Heck HERE.
If you like what you see, please "Like" us on Facebook either here or here. Please follow us on Twitter here.