Donald Trump may have thought he delivered the knock-out punch to Ted Cruz -- but the Texas senator apparently doesn't see himself down and counted out of the 2016 Republican presidential race.
Not yet, anyway.
Cruz, in an interview Tuesday with radio host and supporter Glenn Beck, opened the door just a crack to kick-starting his now-suspended campaign if he somehow starts winning primary contests again. Asked what he’d do if, for instance, Nebraska voters back him in Tuesday’s primary, Cruz said he assumes that won’t happen but added:
“Let’s be very clear, if there is a path to victory -- we launched this campaign intending to win.”
He said he suspended his campaign last week because he didn’t see a viable path after his loss in Indiana, but, “If that changes, we will certainly respond accordingly.”
Cruz – much like Florida Sen. Marco Rubio did before him – also is moving to lock down his delegates. A Cruz campaign spokesman confirmed to Fox News that the senator has written to the state party chairs in all the states where he won delegates, informing them he intends to hold onto them for now.Read the rest of the story HERE and listen to the Glenn Beck interview below:
If you like what you see, please "Like" us on Facebook either here or here. Please follow us on Twitter here.