It all looks glamourous and fun until we realize it's our kid's money. When do we say, "Enough!"
Putting an end to the illusions of his rivals and the speculation of a brokered convention, Mitt Romney won a decisive victory in Illinois yesterdy with more votes than Gingrich and Santorum combined. He is clearly going to be the nominee at this point and that reality was reflected in his victory speech. He only mentioned his rivals once and it was to congratulate them on a hard fought campaign. The rest of the speech was aimed squarely at his chief rival, President Barack Obama. He made his case against the President eloquently and with conviction stating, "it's time to say these words, this word: enough! We've had enough!"
Hot Dogs and March Madness Basketball for Two Leaders... $365k Dollars. Borrowing $146k of that from Red China... Unforgivable!
This citizen could not agree more. We have had enough. We've had a belly full in fact. The President just doesn't seem to get what is going on out here in the real America. Either he doesn't get it or he doesn't care. He actually seems to flaunt his disregard for the average American plight weekly. While some deranged pundits like to begrudge Ann Romney two American made Cadillacs bought with their own money, the President is spending our money very conspicuously and few seem to care. Here's a taste of what we have had enough of.
- Obama wants to cameo in HBO's Entourage, one of his many favorite TV shows. He's only POTUS for four years. Can't he catch up on his many TV shows later? If I don't have time to watch TV how can my president find the time? If he wants to be a real celebrity let's accommodate him this fall and send him packing to Hollywood. ENOUGH!
- It cost 'we the people' over $365k dollars for Britain's David Cameron and Barack Obama to catch a March Madness game and hot dog in Ohio. Since we borrow forty cents of every dollar we had to borrow $146k dollars of that from Red China. ENOUGH!
- The President read a spy novel (again, I wish I had that kind of time on my hands) and sent it to Harvey Weinstein with a note saying, "Why don't you make this into a movie?" Not only does he have the time to read for fun, he also has the time to opine about making movies. If he would rather be a reader for Hollywood producers than why is he taking our money to not do the job we hired him to do. There are 24 million Americans out of work and no amount of spy movies is going to help us. ENOUGH!
- The White House has turned into Versailles. Even celebrities and the super rich were "wowed" at the State Dinner for David Cameron. "It's like Disneyland. You don't know what to expect next" said one on the many celebrities in attendance. We're in an economic crisis. Where's the moderation? A nice dinner and a photo opportunity is more than the people that paid for the event will ever get so it should be good enough for those meant to serve us. People are loosing their homes and the deficit has doubled into a full-fledged economic nightmare. ENOUGH!
- Richard Branson was "wowed" by the State Dinner's opulence. When eccentric billionaires with their own space program are "wowed" with tax payers money you know you've gone too far. We little people bought Richard Branson the night of his life. ENOUGH!
- When you are POTUS the entire country is your oyster. Why does the first family vacation overseas on our buck? What's wrong with Florida or Montana or Hawaii? When you disregard State Department travel warnings and send your daughter to Mexico for spring break with 25 secret service agents you are indeed abusing your privileges. If a citizen can't do it than your kids shouldn't be doing it. This is still a republic by and for the people. ENOUGH!
- I am a college basketball fan but do we really need to convert a nuclear aircraft carrier into a basketball court? We had to borrow from the communist for that too. We're selling the fleet for b-ball! The President and Pamela Anderson sure enjoyed it. ENOUGH!
Cool? Yes! But is it worth borrowing our children's money to do it? NOPE
I could go on and on and on. This is just a little glimpse into the out of touch world that the President has been living in. We're taking it on the chin and he just doesn't seem to notice or care. Mitt Romney is right: "We've had enough!"
Please check us out on Facebook and If you like what you see, please "Like" us. You can find us here.