It's not often I get to say that, so I decided to give RW some backing in a separate post. It is also not often that I write a post and then have it validated the very next day. If I were any less humble, I would say, "I told you so." Wink.
But I want to ask my fellow Rombots a few questions.
1. Will you admit that Romney supported amnesty?
2. Will you admit that Romney probably doesn't really think we should just starve the illegal immigrants out of our country like rats?
3. Will you admit that in Romney's head, he probably does want some kind of amnesty for at least a portion of illegal immigrants?
4. Will you admit that if he does, it would be a very sensible policy?
5. Will you admit that Newt's immigration policy is both sensible and similar to the immigration policy that Mitt used to support (and still supports in his head)?
Yes, I admit to all of them. But here is the kicker: I still am going to vote for Romney and would never under any circumstances cast a vote for Newt Gingrich. Romney would make a great president and Newt would make a lousy one. I have and will continue to spell this out. But this particular round goes to Newt. This may mean that I am a terrible team player, but my ultimate allegiance is to truth. Besides, I am well aware that nobody will listen to me if I refuse to come to grips with obvious stuff like this. Sometimes you have to concede a point in order to win a broader argument. I can remember writing an article at Rightosphere entitled, "I Support Mitt Romney despite..." Maybe we all need to go through that practice again.
The bottom line is that if I can admit that Right Wingnut is right about something - and yes, the words come bitter in my mouth - then we can all be little more open minded.