Saturday, March 26, 2011

New Jersey 2012 GOP Presidential Preference Straw Poll

At a gathering of Republican candidates, campaign managers, staffers and grass root activists, White House 2012 and Building the New Majority sponsored New Jersey’s first Republican presidential straw poll for the 2012 election and the winner was their own Governor, Chris Christie:
Following Romney in this second choice category was Sarah Palin, Minnesota Congresswoman Michele Bachmann and former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani, each with 8.3%, Mike Huckabee 6.3% and Mitch Daniels 5.2%:
None of the respondents described themselves as liberal but 75%, or 144 of the participating voters called themselves conservative, and the remaining 48 (25%), described themselves of moderate.
 The full story and further analysis is HERE.

What I found interesting is Mitt Romney being the overwhelmingly SECOND CHOICE of 40% of those polled. With Christie not running and Romney's close association with Christie, I have to wonder if Romney would receive most of the Christie votes if they had run a poll with out him. My guess is yes.

1 comment:

Dave said...

Obviously, Mitt was the overwhelming favorite among those who chose Chris Christie....favorite among those candidates actually running for the office, that is.

Most of the top finishers aren't running, for that matter, and when they don't run, Mitt will be the beneficiary.