According to a story in the Hawaii Reporter, President Obama's current Hawaiian vacation isn't costing taxpayers a small fortune, it's costing them a LARGE fortune.
This is great reading for those of you who are unemployed, underemployed, tightening your belt, or just looking for some time to kill before starting a shift in your second or third part time job.
With estimates secured from a host of professionals, city officials and law enforcement, Hawaii Reporter estimates costs to taxpayers will at least include:For complete details on the Obama's latest jaunt, go HERE.
* Mrs. Obama’s early flight to Hawaii: $63,000 (White House Dossier)
* Obama’s round trip flight to Hawaii: $1 million (GAO estimates)
* Housing in beachfront homes for Secret Service and Seals in Kailua ($1,200 a day for 14 days): $16,800
* Costs for White House staff staying at Moana Hotel: $134,400 ($400 per day for 24 staff) – excluding meals and other room costs
* Police overtime: $250,000 (2009 costs reported by Honolulu Police Department) * Ambulance: $10,000 (City Spokesperson)
* TOTAL COST: $1,474,200
* Rental of office building in Kailua on canal
* Security upgrades and additional phone lines
* Costs for car rentals and fuel for White House staff staying at Moana Hotel (Secret Service imports most of the cars used here to escort the president)
* Surveillance before the president arrives
* Travel costs for Secret Service and White House staff traveling ahead of the President